Applications are opened for prospective students to apply for The Gates Scholarship for the 2021/2022 academic year. The phase I was opened on 15th July 2021 and closes on 15th September 2021at 5:00pm PT.
WHAT IT IS…
The Gates Scholarship is a highly selective and a last-dollar scholarship. It is for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. The Gates scholarship is awarded to 300 students each year with the intention of helping them realize their maximum potential.
WHAT IT COVERS..
The Gates Scholarship covers the full cost of attendance ie.
- Transportation, and may include other personal cost.
WHO CAN APPLY..
Apply must be;
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
NB: American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
READ ALSO: University Of Ghana Business School Courses.
An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit their website http://Thegatesscholarship.org/scholarship
- Click on Apply Now!
- Create an account and follow the procedure to apply
The deadline for application is 15th September 2021