Here is all you need to know about College of Education Forms or Teacher Training Forms. Admissions are open each academic year for interested persons to apply for admissions into any of the about 46 Colleges of education.
And anytime admissions are open, thousands of interested students to apply. However, there are also those who miss it because they didn’t hear about it early enough hence by the time they do, the deadline may have passed.
However, it’s good you are here. The 2022/2023 College of Education Forms are out! Interested and qalified persons can now apply into any of the 46 Colleges of Education to study a four year bachelor of degree programme.
WASSCE /SSSCE Qualification Applicants
The General Admission requirements for a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme are;
WASSCE Holders: all WASSCE holders must have CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in Six (6)subjects which must include Three (3) Core subjects, English Language and Core Mathematics inclusive and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
SSSCE Holders: all SSCE holders must have PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects which must include Three (3) Core subjects, English Language and Core Mathematics included and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study
NB: Applicants or Candidates who are yet to write either the 2022 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations are also eligible to apply.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants
General Certificate of Education applicants must have passes in three (3) subjects with at least one of the passes being Grade D or better. Must also have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subjects (for Science students).
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants
Advanced Business Certificate Examination applicants must also have passes in three (3) subjects with at least one of the passes being Grade D or better. Student must also have credit passes in five (5) subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
TVET Applicants must have Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics. He or she must also have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
Additionally, applicants must possess a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Applicants with foreign qualifications must be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for the determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
NB: American SAT, TOEFL, etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
BACHELOR oF EDUCATION (B.Ed) PROGRAMMES OFFERED AT THE COLLEGES OF EDUCATION
- B.Ed. Early Grade Education
- B.Ed. Primary Education
- B.Ed. JHS Education
How To Apply: Online Application Procedure
Applicants must follow these steps carefully in order to successfully apply to a College of Education of your choice.
- First pay an amount of Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC 200.00) at any Consolidated Bank Branch in Ghana into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account.
- Alternatively, yoh can also pay using Mobile Money on either Vodafone cash, MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Tigo Cash. Just dial the short code *924*8# and follow the prompts.
- After making payment, you will be given; I. Personal Identification Number (PIN), II. An Admission Application Serial Number and III. The Admission Website Address – admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- Now visit the website and log in using your PIN and Serial number to access the online application form.
- You are expected to select three Colleges of your choice and the program you wish to study and its accompanying ghanaian language.
- After successfully filling the online application form, applicants must print a copy of the completed form. It must then be sent with one passport sized photograph and copies of their results slips using EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide. The mail must be addressed to: (The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice) eg. If your first College if choice is Akrokerri College of Education, then the envelope must be addressed to The Principal of Akrokerri College of Education.
NB: you will receive an SMS notification from the College when they receive your application hence do well to enter a correct phone number. Likewise when admissions are out, an offer of admission will be sent to you via SMS.
As always, the Colleges cross check the results of applicants from the West African Examination Council and for that matter persons found guilty of providing fake results will be dealt with by the law.
Deadline is 31st October 2022
Full List of Colleges of Education in Ghana
Click Teacher Training Colleges In Ghana And Their Locations to check out the full list of Colleges of Education in Ghana.