Enchi College of Education opens admissions to qualified students to apply for admissions into the college each year. Therefore, as a prospective student, its best you know what the Enchi College of Education Courses and requirements are in order to easily choose a course and apply.
Education they say is the key to success and even the teachers that taught you in school had to go through some training so they can transfer that knowledge unto you. But to become a teacher in Ghana, especially at the basic level, you may want to receive your training at Enchi College of Education which is one of the 46 colleges of education in Ghana.
About Enchi College of Education
Enchi College of Education is teacher training college in Ghana founded in 1965 as an all male school and is currently affiliated to the University of Ghana. However, it started admitting females in 1975. The college is located in Enchi in the Western Region of Ghana accepting admissions from eligible students from all over the country and beyond.
At the time it was established in 1965, the college was only offering a 4year post middle Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ programme but has since added a few more courses. The college has managed to train thousands of teachers over the years who are now working in different parts of the country.
Notable alumni of the College include MP for AOWIN Constituency, Hon. Matthias Kwame Ntow, Madam Victoria Aidoo who was Principal of the college from 2007 to 2016.
Now take a look at the Enchi College of Education Courses and requirements below…..
Enchi College of Education Courses
Here are the courses offered at the college;
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Early Grade Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Upper Primary Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (English, History, Geography, Social Studies, French, Special needs, RME)
These are the General Admission Requirements for Enchi College of Education
- WASSCE Holders must have CREDITS ie.A1-C6 in Six (6)subjects. This includes Three (3) Core subjects (English Language and Core Mathematics inclusive) plus Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders must have CREDIT PASSES ie. A-D in Six (6) subjects. This includes Three (3) Core subjects (English Language and Core Mathematics inclusive) plus Three (3) Elective subjects that are relevant to the course of study.
- Students awaiting results (WASSCE/NABPTEX exams) can also apply but must indicate it when applying.
- Applicants with General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level must have passes in three (3) subjects. Must have credits ie Grade 6 in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, and a Science or Arts subjects depending on the course you studied.
- Holders of Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) must possess passes in three (3) subjects (at least one of those passes must not exceed Grade D. Must also have credit passes in five (5) subjects which includes English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science/ Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Holders must hold Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics. Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics. Must posses a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
- Students with Foreign Qualifications must go to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) to determine your eligibility for admission into the college.
NB: Applicants with American SAT, TOEFL, etc must however note that, it is not enough for the college to offer you admissions with such qualifications alone.