Foso College of Education is one of the top colleges of education in Ghana that aims at producing qualified basic school teachers in Ghana. So searching for Foso College of Education Courses and requirements just makes sense.
The college was established in 1965 by Dr. Kwame Nkrumah with an initial student population of about 240 students and 9 teaching staff. Foso College of Education is currently affiliated to University of Cape Coast.
It has offered different programmes since it was established many of which are no longer offered.
For more information about the college, visit their website https://fosco.edu.gh/
[irp posts=”5038″ name=”Tumu College of Education Courses and Requirements”]
Now check out the full Foso College of Education Courses and requirements below
Departments In Foso College of Education
The college offers programmes in the following departments;
- Arts and Social Sciences Department
- Science Department
- Mathematics and ICT Department
- Languages Department
- Education Studies Department
- Vocational Skills Department
Courses Offered At Foso College of Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Primary Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education
WASSCE holders must have CREDIT A1-C6 in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
must have credit passes A-D in Six (6) subjects, including Three (3) Core subjects ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies plus Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Candidates awaiting results (WASSCE or NABPTEX) are eligible to apply as awaiting results.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level holders
Also, GCE Advance Level holders must also possess passes in three (3) subjects. Additionally, applicant must posses credit passes ie. Grade 6 in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, and a Science or Arts subjects depending on the course you studied.
[irp posts=”5032″ name=”Gbewaa College of Education Courses and Requirements”]
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Holders
Advanced Business Certificate Examination applicants must have passes in three (3) subjects. Must have credit passes in five (5) subjects, ie. English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
- T.TVET Applicants must possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Must hold a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Applicants with foreign qualifications must be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) to determine if applicant qualifies to be admitted in the college or.
NB: All Applicants with American SAT, TOEFL etc, must however note that they must posses more than that in order to qualify for admissions into Foso College of Education.