Knowing the UMaT courses and requirements will go a long way in helping you choose a course and apply for admissions. Hence this article gives you the complete list of UMaT courses and requirements.
The University of Mines and Technology (UMaT) is one of the top public universities in Ghana established in 1952 as Tarkwa Technical Institute. However after a few name changes, it finally became a full fledged University in 2004.
The University accepts admissions from all manner of students, both domestic and international students so do not let your citizenship be a barrier. Just check out the full list of UMaT courses and requirements below
Full List of Undergraduate Courses Offered At UMaT
The University offers courses in about five (5) faculties/schools and here is the full list.
Faculty of Engineering Courses
- BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BSc Computer Science and Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Renewable Energy Engineering
Faculty of Geosciences and Environmental Studies Courses
- BSc Geological Engineering
- BSc Environmental and Safety Engineering
- BSc Geomatic Engineering
- BSc Land Administration and Information Systems
School of Petroleum Studies Courses
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Natural Gas Engineering
- BSc Petroleum Engineering
- BSc Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Engineering
- BSc Petroleum Geosciences and Engineering
Faculty of Mining and Minerals Technology Courses
- BSc Minerals Engineering
- BSc Mining Engineering
Faculty of Integrated Management Science Courses
- BSc Logistics and Transport Management
- BSc Economics and Industrial Organisation
Admission Requirements For Undergraduate Programmes
- Students applying for courses in the following faculties; Mining and Minerals Technology, Geosciences and Environmental Studies and Petroleum Studies must have credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science at least credits in three electives; Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Geomatic Engineering can however replace Chemistry with Geography.
- Students applying for courses in Faculty of Engineering; in addition to credit passes in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science must also have credit in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry. Depending on your course, you can substitute chemistry with any of these electived; applied electricity or electronics, ICT or computer Studies, Technical Drawing or Metal Work
- Students applying into Faculty of Integrated Management Science must also have credit passes in English language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits in elective subjects from the following SHS courses; General Science, Business and General Arts
- Birth certificate
- WASSC/SSCE results slip and SHS certificate
- Transcript (top up applicants)
- Tertiary certificate (top up applicants)
- Introductory letter (for mature applicants)
The deadline for submission of application is 16th December 2022.