The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration is a reputable tertiary institution in Ghana. The University receives a lot of applications each year but can only admit so much hence I’m going to provide you with their admission requirement so that you check if you qualify for admission or not before applying.
Check out the full GIMPA admission requirements below.
SSCE & WASSCE Holders
- SSCE holders must have at least Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects. These subjects must comprise of three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) other relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE holders must possess credit passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects. These subjects must comprise of three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) other relevant elective subjects.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Holders
- Holders of this kind of certificate must possess passes in at least three (3) GCE Advanced Level subjects. NB: at least one of those passes should be Grade D or better.
- Additionally, the applicant must have obtained credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects. They include English Language, Mathematics, and either a Science or an Arts subject depending on applicants area of study.
HND holders to First Degree
Higher National Diploma (HND) holders must possess a minimum of second class lower. He/she must also have at least two years working experience after obtaining HND certificate.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) holders
ABCE holders must posses passes in three (3) subjects and must also have credit passes in at least five (5) subjects which includes English Language, Mathematics, either Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
Admissions are open to mature applicants as well who could not enroll earlier even though they may have been working for years after completion of secondary school.
- A mature applicant must be twenty-five (25) years old and above at the time of registration. He/she must be able to show proof of age with birth certificate or any legal document.
- He/she must also pass the mature students’ entrance examinations which will be conducted by the University in English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude test.
Foreign applicants with foreign qualifications will be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for them to determine the equivalent grades and eligibility for admission.
Also note that holders of the American SAT, TOEFL, etc alone is not enough to qualify a foreign applicant for admission.
- WASSCE candidates awaiting results can also apply for admissions into the University for a 4 year bachelors degree programme.
- Applicants with professional certificates or any other type of certificate that was not mentioned above will be referred to the National Accreditation Board to determine whether such a person is qualified for admission. Additionally, DBS holders will need more than that to qualify for admission into the University.
- Students who wish to transfer from other universities to GIMPA also qualify for admissions. However, such a person shouldn’t have any disciplinary issues with the former school. He or she must also add SSCE/ WASSCE or GCE Ordinary and Advanced level results plus transcripts from former university when applying.
Click HERE for more information about GIMPA and how you can apply for admissions into the University.