Each year, the Holy Child College of Education opens admissions to interested but qualified students to apply for admissions into the college. But to stand a chance of admission, you must know what programmes they offer and what the requirements are.
Therefore to solve that problem, this article provides prospective students/ applicants with the full Holy Child College of Education Courses and requirements so students can easily go through and choose a course they qualify for.
Holy Child College of Education is an all female public College of Education in Takoradi in the Western Region of Ghana. It was established in 1946 to train females to become qualified teachers to bridge the gap between student to teachers ratio in the country.
Hence if you are a female who wishes to become a basic school teacher in Ghana, then Holy Child College of Education is definitely a good choice to make. It is affiliated to the University of Cape Coast.
Visit their website 👉 https://hcce.edu.gh/ for more information about the college.
Departments In Holy Child College of Education
Holy Child College of Education offers programmes in the following departments headed by experienced heads of departments;
- Science Department
- Social Sciences Department
- Mathematics/ Information and Communication Technology Department
- Prevocational Studies Department
- Languages Department
- Educational Studies Department
Courses Offered at Holy Child College of Education.
The College offers the following courses;
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Primary Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education
- BSc. Nursing by Garden City University College ( Distant program)
- BSc. Midwifery by Garden City University College (Distant program)
- Bachelor of Education Courses offered by University of Cape Coast. (Distant program)
- Post graduate courses Offered by University of Cape Coast (Distant program)
- Sandwich Courses for both Undergraduate and postgraduate studies
Candidates awaiting results (WASSCE or NABPTEX) are eligible to apply as awaiting results.
All WASSCE applicants must have CREDIT A1-C6 in Six (6)subjects, made up of Three (3) Core subjects, ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
All SSCE holders must posses credit passes A-D in Six (6) subjects, which includes Three (3) Core subjects ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies plus Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Holders
Advanced Business Certificate Examination applicants must have passes in three (3) subjects. Must have credit passes in five (5) subjects, ie. English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level holders
Also, GCE Advance Level holders must also possess passes in three (3) subjects. Additionally, applicant must posses credit passes ie. Grade 6 in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, and a Science or Arts subjects depending on the course you studied.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
- T.TVET Applicants must possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Must hold a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Applicants with foreign qualifications must be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) to determine if applicant qualifies to be admitted in the college or.
NB: All Applicants with American SAT, TOEFL etc, must however note that they must posses more than that in order to qualify for admissions into Holy Child College of Education.