Ghanaians do not have to worry about joining long queues to apply for passports like it used to be in the past. One can now sit in the comfort of their homes or offices and apply for a Ghana passport. It is a process that is safe and convenient.
The process is quite long and a little complicated but easy to do when you follow these steps on how to apply for passport online in Ghana carefully.
READ ALSO: How To Link Your NHIS To Ghana Card.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Birth certificate
- Additional documents such as Ghana Card, Drivers license
- Proof of profession/education
- Passport photo (preferably scanned)
STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR PASSPORT ONLINE
- You first create an account on the application portal. You can do so by clicking HERE or www.passport.mfa.gov.gh and click on Create New Account.
- After creating an account, you then log in to the portal with your username and password.
- Choose payment channel to make payment and choose the type of application you want ie. Standard or expedited.
READ ALSO: How To Renew Your NHIS On Phone In Ghana.
- A form is then sent to your account to continue with your application.
- Fill completely the application form sent to you which can be found at “My Applications” of your portal.
- Book an appointment date to physically visit the passport application office.
- Your biometrics will be taken at the passport office after which you will be given a date for collection.
- You will receive an SMS when your passport is ready for collection.