Gbewaa College of Education is one of the public colleges of education in Ghana that has produced a number of qualified teachers in Ghana including Prof. Nabilla, Dr. Godfred Tangu, Prof. Saaka etc. In this article, I’ll show you how to apply to Gbewaa College of Education so you can also have your teacher training at the college.
Gbewaa College of Education is affiliated to the University of Ghana and was established in 1953 with only 14 male students.
Check out how to apply to Gbewaa College of Education Below…
[irp posts=”5222″ name=”How To Apply To E.P College of Education, Amedzofe”]
Academic Departments In Gbewaa College of Education
Gbewaa College of Education offers programmes in the following departments;
- Early Grade Education Department
- Basic Education Department
- JHS Education Department
- Mathematics/ ICT Department
Courses Offered by Gbewaa College of Education
The College offers the following four year bachelor of education courses;
- B.Ed Early Grade Education
- B.Ed Upper Primary Education
- B.Ed Junior High School Education
- B.Ed Mathematics and ICT
Entry Requirements For Admissions Into Gbewaa College of Education
Applicants are to meet the following entry requirements to be considered for admissions into the college;
WASSCE holders must have CREDIT A1-C6 in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
must have credit passes A-D in Six (6) subjects, including Three (3) Core subjects ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies plus Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Candidates awaiting results (WASSCE or NABPTEX) are eligible to apply as awaiting results.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level holders
Also, GCE Advance Level holders must also possess passes in three (3) subjects. Additionally, applicant must posses credit passes ie. Grade 6 in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, and a Science or Arts subjects depending on the course you studied.
[irp posts=”5215″ name=”How To Apply To Mount Mary College of Education”]
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Holders
Advanced Business Certificate Examination applicants must have passes in three (3) subjects. Must have credit passes in five (5) subjects, ie. English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
- T.TVET Applicants must possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Must hold a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Applicants with foreign qualifications must be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) to determine if applicant qualifies to be admitted in the college or.
NB: All Applicants with American SAT, TOEFL etc, must however note that they must posses more than that in order to qualify for admissions into the College
How To Apply
- Make a payment of Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (Ghs 200.00) at any Consolidated Bank Ghana branch nationwide into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account Or,
- Make payments via your Mobile Money wallet ie.AirtelTigo Cash, Vodafone cash, and MTN Mobile Money. Simply dial the short code *924*8# from all networks to make payment.
- Once payment is complete, you will be given a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and An Admission Application Serial Number.
- You then go to the colleges of education admission portal http://admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- Log in with your PIN and Serial number.
- Complete the online application form
- You’re expected to choose three Colleges of your choice and the programme you are applying for and an accompanying Ghanaian Language. Remember to choose Gbewaa College of Education as your first choice College.
[irp posts=”5219″ name=”How To Apply To Enchi College of Education”]
- Applicants are encouraged to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
- Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- Additionally, after completing the online application form, you are to print the completed form, attach one passport sized photograph to it plus copy or copies of your results slips.
- Now mail it to the principal of your first choice College of Education via EMS.
- Once your application is received, you will be notified through SMS on the number you entered at the time of completing the online form. Therefore make sure to enter an active Mobile phone number when completing the online form.
- You will also be notified of your admission offer via SMS on the same Mobile phone number.
- Applicants who do not rreceive any admission offer notification via SMS means your application was denied.
- Lastly, applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Hence applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.