Affiliated to the University of Cape Coast (UCC) and established in 1963, Kibi College of Education is one of the public colleges of education in Ghana you can receive training to become a certified basic school teacher in Ghana. That is why I have put this article to provide you with a step by step guide on how to apply to Kibi College of Education.
Students wishing to apply to the college must do so through the official colleges of Education portal and must follow the right process to ensure that their application is received.
Courses Offered at Kibi College of Education
- B.Ed Childhood Education
- B.Ed Primary Education
- B.Ed Social Studies
- B.Ed ICT & Mathematics
- B.Ed Science & Mathematics
- B.Ed Science & ICT
- B. Ed General
- B. Ed French
- B. Ed Technical & Vocational
Entry Requirements For Kibi College of Education
Applicants must take note of the following entry requirements;
WASSCE holders must have CREDIT A1-C6 in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
must have credit passes A-D in Six (6) subjects, including Three (3) Core subjects ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies plus Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Awaiting Results Candidates
Candidates awaiting results (WASSCE or NABPTEX) are eligible to apply as awaiting results.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level holders
Also, GCE Advance Level holders must also possess passes in three (3) subjects. Additionally, applicant must posses credit passes ie. Grade 6 in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, and a Science or Arts subjects depending on the course you studied.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Holders
Advanced Business Certificate Examination applicants must have passes in three (3) subjects. Must have credit passes in five (5) subjects, ie. English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
- T.TVET Applicants must possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Must hold a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Applicants with foreign qualifications must be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) to determine if applicant qualifies to be admitted in the college or.
NB: All Applicants with American SAT, TOEFL etc, must however note that they must posses more than that in order to qualify for admissions into Kibi College of Education.
How To Apply Online
- A payment of Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (Ghs 200.00) must be made at any Consolidated Bank Ghana branch nationwide into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account Or,
- Through your Mobile Money wallet ie.AirtelTigo Cash, Vodafone cash, and MTN Mobile Money. Simply dial the short code *924*8# from all networks to make payment.
- Once payment is complete, you will be given a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and An Admission Application Serial Number.
- You then go to the colleges of education admission portal http://admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- Log in with your PIN and Serial number.
- Complete the online application form
- You’re expected to choose three Colleges of your choice and the programme you are applying for and an accompanying Ghanaian Language. Remember to choose Kibi College of Education as your first choice College.
- Applicants are encouraged to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
- Note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- Additionally, after completing the online application form, you are to print the completed form, attach one passport sized photograph to it plus copy or copies of your results slips.
- You must then mail it to the principal of your first choice College of Education via EMS.
- Once your application is received, you will be notified through SMS on the number you entered at the time of completing the online form. Therefore make sure to enter an active Mobile phone number when completing the online form.
- You will also be notified of your admission offer via SMS on the same Mobile phone number.
- Applicants who do not receive any admission offer notification via SMS means your application was denied.
- Lastly, applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Hence applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.