Here is the complete guide on how to apply to Mount Mary College of Education. The college admits hundreds of students each year and you can also apply to be enrolled there.
Mount Mary College of Education was established in 1947 by the American Catholic SVD Missionaries at Agomanya with 23 male students only. However it later began to admit female students as well and has produced a lot of quality teachers in the country.
List of Courses Offered At Mount Mary College of Education
Mount Mary College of Education offers the following bachelor of education programmes;
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) English and Ghanaian Languages
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) French and Ghanaian Languages
- Bachelor of Eduction (B.Ed) French and English
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Primary Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Religious and Moral Education and Music and Dance
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Social Studies
Below is the General entry requirements students must meet in order to qualify for admissions into Mount Mary College of Education;
Must have credits (A1 – C6) in Six (6)subjects which must include Three (3) Core subjects, ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science/ Social Studies and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Applicants must possess credit passes (A-D) in Six (6) subjects which includes Three (3) Core subjects that must include English Language and Core Mathematics plus Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Awaiting Results Candidates
Candidates awaiting results (both WASSCE and NABPTEX examinations) can also apply.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants
Students applying with GCE Advance Level must have passes in three (3) subjects with at least one of the passes being Grade D or better. Must have credits (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science or Arts subject depending on which course you studied.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Holders
Must possess passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Must have credit passes in five (5) subjects which includes English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science/ Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
Must hold a Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics. Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects which includes English and Mathematics. Posses a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Applicants with foreign qualifications must be sent to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for the determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission into the college.
NB: American SAT, TOEFL, etc alone is not enough to qualify for admission into the college.
How To Apply To Mount Mary College of Education
- First step is to make a payment of Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (Ghs 200.00) at any Consolidated Bank Ghana branch nationwide into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account Or,
- Make payments via your Mobile Money wallet ie.AirtelTigo Cash, Vodafone cash, and MTN Mobile Money. Simply dial the short code *924*8# from all networks to make payment.
- Once payment is complete, you will be given a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and An Admission Application Serial Number.
- You then go to the colleges of education admission portal http://admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- Now log in with your PIN and Serial number.
- Complete the online application form
- You’re expected to choose three Colleges of your choice and the programme you are applying for and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
- Applicants are encouraged to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
- Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- Additionally, after completing the online application form, you are to print the completed form, attach one passport sized photograph to it plus copy or copies of your results slips.
- Now mail it to the principal of your first choice College of Education via EMS.
- Once your application is received, you will be notified through SMS on the number you entered at the time of completing the online form. Therefore make sure to enter an active Mobile phone number when completing the online form.
- You will also be notified of your admission offer via SMS on the same Mobile phone number.
- Applicants who do not rreceive any admission offer notification via SMS means your application was denied.
- Lastly, applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Hence applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.