Thinking of how to check SHS School placement in Ghana? Well, worry no more as we give you a step by step guide on how to check SHS School placement in Ghana immediately placements are released.
Transitioning from basic school to a second cycle institution in Ghana is not as straightforward as it is in the western world. In Ghana for example, you must sit for the BECE, pass and hope that you pass well in order to stand a chance of being placed in a school of your choice by the CSSPS.
Once BECE results are released, the next thing graduates look out for is when placements will be released. From there, they begin to look for ways to quickly check whether they’ve been placed at all and if yes then where?
As a result, we will be guiding you on how to check SHS School placement in Ghana. But before that, let us first understand what the CSSPS is all about.
What The CSSPS Is..
CSSPS is an abbreviation for Computerised School Selection and Placement System. The system was brought in to replace the archaic and tiresome manual system of school selection and placement of BECE graduates into senior high and Technical/Vocational Institutions in Ghana.
The CSSPS was introduced in 2005 in an attempt to expand access to education by making it possible for every BECE candidate to be placed in an SHS.
- Firstly, it was intended mainly to improve and enhance efficiency in transitioning from JHS to SHS.
- The CSSPS was intended to increase fairness and transparency in the school placement process.
- To increase access to SHS and ensure equity in the placement process.
How To Check School Placement
Read along for the complete guide on how to check SHS School placement in Ghana online. But before going to the steps, there are certain requirements you must have before proceeding with the steps.
The requirements are;
- Examination Index Number
- Center Number
- Year you sat for the examination
- WAEC scratch card which contains your PIN and serial number
You can now proceed if you have all these requirements.
- Visit http://www.cssps.gov.gh/ or https://www.cssps.org/
- Enter your index number in the space provided
- Now enter your center number
- Select year you sat for the examination
- Now enter the PIN on your scratch card
- Enter the serial number on your scratch card in the space provided.
- Now you can click on “Check Results”. Your results will pop up after a few seconds if you followed the steps correctly.
Alternatively, you can also check your placement through SMS even with a yam phone.
NB: For the purposes of this guide, 0908598021 is our index number and year of completion is 2021.
- Firstly, go to messages on your yam phone or smart phone and start a new text message
- Enter your index number plus the last two digits of the year you completed Eg; 090859802121, and send to short code 1060
- You will receive an SMS of indicating which school and program you were offered.
NB: Always remember not to add any space between your index number and the last two digits of your year of completion.