A time is coming where Ghanaians will not have to carry so many cards around them for their transactions. The wind of digitalization blowing is gradually getting to Ghana and the leaders of the country are putting in place measures to make sure the country gets one recognized card for all transactions.
In this article, we will be looking at how to link your SSNIT to the Ghana Card. Mind you it is also possible to link your NHIS Card to that of the Ghana Card; link to that article can be found below.
READ ALSO: How To Link Your NHIS To Ghana Card.
The Social Security and National Insurance Trust’s job is to administrate the National Pension Scheme. It was founded in 1972 and until this year (2021) had their own card purposely for members transactions.
Digitalization has been on the minds of this current government ( Nana Addo’s administration) and are putting in place measures to make sure it is possible.
A lot of state agencies are gradually being digitalised and now that the National Identification Authority is done with the mass registration of Ghanaians, other state agencies are now able to link their cards to that of the Ghana Card.
WHY YOU NEED TO LINK YOUR SSNIT TO THE GHANA CARD
- You only have to carry your Ghana Card for all transactions
- Easy identifications of nominated dependants
- You save money because you don’t need to pay for a SSNIT Card.
- And more importantly, it is a legal requirement.
WHAT YOU NEED BEFORE DOING THE LINKAGE
- Your National Identification Authority (NIA) Number
- Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) number
- Mobile Phone Number
- An active email address
READ ALSO: How To Apply For Passport Online In Ghana.
HOW TO LINK YOUR SSNIT TO THE GHANA CARD
- Dial *711*9#
- Select option 1 (Merge NIA number with SSNIT number)
- Thirdly, enter your SSNIT number and press send
- Enter your email address (if the phone number you provided to SSNIT is different from the one you are using.
- Enter the NIA Number ( Personal ID number on your Ghana Card
- Select Option 1 to complete the merger. You will receive a notification after the merger.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR MERGER STATUS
Follow these steps to check if your merger/ linkage was successful.
- Dial *711*9# on your mobile phone
- Select Option 2 ( Check merger status)
- Enter your SSNIT number or NIA number (Personal ID number on your Ghana Card.
- Press Send (You Will Receive A Notification)