Are you a driver or a car owner wanting to earn some money from your car or whiles driving? Then Bolt is here for you and in this article, we will be guiding you on how to register on bolt as a driver in Ghana.
Transportation in Ghana has always been a problem. However, the situation is not as bad as it used to be some years back and the introduction of ride-hailing apps has improved transportation in the country to some extent.
But before we talk about how one can register on bolt as a driver in Ghana, let us first understand what bolt is and how it works.
What Is Bolt?
Bolt is an Estonian mobility company that provides vehicles for hire, micromobility, car sharing and food delivery services. The ride hailing app was founded in 2013 with the name “Taxify” by a then 19 year old young man called Markus Villig.
Markus Villig dropped out of college at the age of 19 after just one semester at the University of Tartu studying Computer Science to focus on his ride hailing app. As we speak today, bolt now operates in about 45 countries and in 300 cities across the globe.
How Bolt Works
Drivers or car owners can earn money on bolt by simply following the steps below to register on the app and start driving to earn some money. With bolt, drivers can drive anytime they want without any minimum hours like other apps.
There are no fees associated with Bolt, no risks involved and the driver only pays when you earn.
Steps On How To Register On Bolt As A Driver
- Enter your email address
- Enter your phone number
- Click “NEXT”
STEP II: PERSONAL INFORMATION AND VEHICLE DETAILS
- Enter your first name and last name
- Enter referral code if any
- Select vehicle manufacturer
- Select vehicle year
- Enter license plate number
- select vehicle color
- Now Click “NEXT“
STEP III: LEGAL AND PRICING DETAILS
- Enter your driver license number
- Enter your driver license reference number
- Click on “CONTINUE“
STEP IV: DOCUMENTS
- Upload a clear portrait picture to be used as profile photo
- Upload the front image of your drivers license (Class B or AB) and provide details of when it will expire
- Now Upload the backside image of Ghana Drivers license (Class B or AB) and provide when it expires.
- Upload proof of insurance and provide details of when it will expire
- Upload image of road worthiness sticker and provide details of when it will expire
- Click on “CONTINUE”
STEP V: PAYMENT DETAILS
- Select billing type (either Company, Person or Other)
- Enter your full name or Company name if it is a company
- Enter your VAT number
- Enter mobile money wallet holder name
- Select mobile money network
- Click “FINISH“
Registration process is now complete. Expect to he contacted by Bolt in a few days time. Checks will be done on the information you provided in the registration process to determine if they are genuine.