What are the Offinso College of Education Courses and requirements? Does Offinso College of Education accept D7? Find answers to these questions in the subsequent paragraphs.
Offinso College of Education has contributed greatly to the production of professional basic school teachers in Ghana hence trying to enrol there isn’t a bad choice at all. The College is one of the 46 public Colleges of Education in the country and is located at Offinso in the Ashanti region of Ghana.
The College initially started in 1950 as an all female school with 32 females but has since turned into a mixed sex school. It is affiliated to the University of Cape Coast (UCC) hence the Sandwich Courses are ruined by UCC.
Click HERE for more details about Offinso College of Education.
Departments In Offinso College of Education
The College offers programmes in the following departments by experienced Heads of Departments and teachers
- Social Sciences Department
- Science Department
- Languages Department
- Mathematics and ICT Department
- Creative Arts Department
- Department of Education Studies
Courses Offered at Offinso College of Education
Offinso College of Education offers the following programmes;
Four (4) Year Bachelor’s Degree in Basic Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Primary Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (Geography and History)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (R.M.E and Music)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (English and Ghanaian Language)
Five (5) Semesters Sandwich Courses
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Arts
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Home Economics
Three (3) Semesters Sandwich Programmes
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Arts
Offinso College of Education Admission Requirements
These are the General Admission Requirements for Offinso College of Education;
WASSCE applicants must have at least CREDITS A1-C6 in Six (6)subjects, ie. Three (3) Core subjects, ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
SSCE applicants on the other hand must have PASSES A-D in Six (6) subjects, which includes Three (3) Core subjects ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies plus Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Awaiting Results Candidates
Candidates awaiting results (WASSCE or NABPTEX) can also apply as awaiting results.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Holders
Advanced Business Certificate Examination applicants must have passes in three (3) subjects. Must have credit passes in five (5) subjects, ie. English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level holders
GCE Advance Level holders must also possess passes in three (3) subjects. Additionally, applicant must posses credit passes ie. Grade 6 in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, and a Science or Arts subjects depending on the course you studied.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
- T.TVET Applicants must possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Must hold a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Applicants with foreign qualifications must be sent to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) to determine whether such qualification is enough to qualify for admission into Offinso College of Education or not.
NB: All Applicants with American SAT, TOEFL etc, must however note that they must posses more than that in order to qualify for admissions into Offinso College of Education.