The role regional ministers play in Ghana and the democracy we practice is very critical. As a result, you must know your regional Ministers so you can hold them accountable for their actions and inactions.
They’ve got roles to play in governance and it’s best you know such roles so you can better hold them accountable. Fortunately or unfortunately, there are currently only 16 regional ministers in Ghana with no deputies. This therefore makes it easier to get to know all of them.
[irp posts=”2255″ name=”Full List Of MPs And Their Constituencies In Ghana”]
President Nana Addo was left with no other option than to appoint only substantive regional ministers with no deputies due to the outcome of the 2020 general elections. His party did not enjoy the huge parliamentary majority they had in his first term hence was left handicapped on the number of ministers he can appoint. This led to a massive downsizing of his government.
Roles Of A Regional Minister
The main roles of a regional minister are;
- Firstly, the main role of a regional minister is to represent the government St regional committee hearings.
- Secondly, they are responsible for overseeing the administration of the region.
[irp posts=”2244″ name=”Full List Of Constituencies In Ghana”]
Full List Of Regional Ministers And Their Regions As At 2021
- George Yaw Boakye- Ahafo Region
2. Simon Osei Mensah- Ashanti region
3. Justina Owusu-Banahene- Bono Region
4. Kwasi Adu-Gyan- Bono East Region
5. Justina Marigold Assan- Central Region
6. Seth Acheampong – Eastern region
7. Henry Quartey – Greater Accra Region
8. Solomon Namliit Boar – North East Region
9. Shani Alhassan Saibu – Northern Region
10. Joseph Makubu- Oti Region
11. Saeed Muhazu Jibril – Savannah Region
12. Stephen Yakubu – Upper East Region
13. Dr. Hafiz Bin Salih – Upper West Region
14. Archibald Yao Letsa – Volta region
15. Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah – Western Region
16. Richard Obeng – Western North