Are you wondering what St. Ambrose College of Education Courses and requirements are? Do you wish to train to become a professional basic school teacher in Ghana but isn’t sure if you qualify for admissions into St. Ambrose College of Education? Well, worry no more because by the end of this write up, you should have answers to these questions.
St. Ambrose College of Education is a teacher training college that aims at educating and training qualified and skilled teachers who are ready and able to work in any part of the country. It is located in Dormaa Akwamu in the Bono Region of Ghana and is affiliated to the University of Cape Coast (UCC).
Click HERE for more information about St. Ambrose College of Education.
Check out the full details of St. Ambrose College of Education Courses and requirements below…..
Departments In St. Ambrose College of Education
St. Ambrose College of Education offers programmes in about six (6) departments. They are;
- Science Department
- Languages Department
- Education Department
- Social Sciences Department
- Mathematics and ICT Department
- Technical and Vocational Skills Department
Courses Offered at St. Ambrose College of Education
The College offers the following degree programmes;
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (Literature-in-English)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (ICT)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (Music)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (Christian Religious Studies)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Primary Education (English Language)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Primary Education (Social Studies)
These are the General Admission Requirements for St. Ambrose College of Education;
WASSCE applicants must possess CREDIT PASSES A1-C6 in Six (6)subjects. The subjects must include Three (3) Core subjects, ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
SSCE applicants must posses PASSES A-D in Six (6) subjects, which includes Three (3) Core subjects ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies plus Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Awaiting Results Candidates
Candidates awaiting results (WASSCE or NABPTEX) are eligible to apply but must indicate it when applying.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants
ABCE applicants must have passes in three (3) subjects. Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, ie. English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants
GCE Advance Level applicant’s must also have passes in three (3) subjects. Additionally, applicant must posses credit passes ie. Grade 6 in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, and a Science or Arts subjects depending on what course you studied.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
TVET Applicants must possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Must hold a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Students applying with foreign qualifications must be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) to determine if such qualifications is enough to qualify for admission into the College.
NB: Holders of American SAT, TOEFL etc, must take note that these qualifications alone are not enough to qualify for admissions into St. Ambrose College of Education.
Grading System Used In St. Ambrose College of Education
A 80% – 100%
B+ 75% – 79%
B 70% – 74%
C+ 65% – 69%
C 60% – 64%
D+ 50% – 59%
D 45% – 49%
E 0 – 44%