As a prospective student, this write up provides you with the complete Wesley College of Education Courses and requirements so you can choose a course of your choice.
The College opens admissions each year for interested students to apply for admissions into the College through the Colleges of Education portal. Hence you need to know what Courses they offer and find out here whether you qualify for admissions or not before going ahead to buy their forms.
For further information about Wesley College of Education, Click HERE
Check out Wesley College of Education Courses and requirements below
Departments In Wesley College of Education
Wesley College of Education offers degree programmes in the following departments;
- Mathematics and ICT Department
- Science Department
- Education Department
- Vocational Skills Department
- Arts and Social Sciences Department
- Languages Department
Courses Offered At Wesley College of Education
Wesley College of Education offers the following degree programmes;
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Primary School Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (Mathematics and Science option)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (Social Studies option)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (French and Ghanaian Language)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (R.M.E and Music)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Junior High School Education (P.E and Science)
Wesley College of Education Entry Requirements
Below is the entry requirements for Wesley College of Education;
WASSCE holders must have CREDIT PASSES A1-C6 in Six (6)subjects. The subjects must include three (3) Core subjects, ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
SSCE holders must have PASSES A-D in Six (6) subjects, which includes Three (3) Core subjects ie. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies plus Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Awaiting Results Candidates
Candidates awaiting results (WASSCE or NABPTEX) are eligible to apply.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Holders
ABCE applicants must have passes in three (3) subjects. Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, ie. English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants
GCE Advance Level applicant’s must also have passes in three (3) subjects. Additionally, applicant must posses credit passes ie. Grade 6 in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, and a Science or Arts subjects depending on what course you studied.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
TVET Applicants must possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Must hold a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Students applying with foreign qualifications are to be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) to determine if such qualifications is enough to qualify for admission into the College.